You’ll never enjoy your home if you don’t like your neighborhood; therefore, we have compiled some easy steps to help you find where you belong when choosing a neighborhood. So, how do you choose the right neighborhood? Well, start by becoming a detective to find what you are looking for. Make a list of things that are important to you in a neighborhood, such as “what makes a neighborhood attractive?” Include in your list what the “must-haves” and would “like to have” are. Don’t forget what fits into your lifestyle and what your dislikes are.
Other things to consider:
* What style of home do you want?
* Is the neighborhood in your price range?
* Are you planning to have children or do you have children?
* Consider the quality of the schools.
* Will there be a commute to work or is it close to public transportation?
* Do you want a community that has places you can walk to? Parks, schools, shopping, restaurants etc…
* Do you want to live in a Historic or New neighborhood?
* What does your current neighborhood have that you like or dislike?
* Consider future construction, traffic, and the crime rate in the area.
* Does the neighborhood have an association? Do you want to be part of it?
* What is it you dislike in a neighborhood?
If you’re relocating to a new city, you’ll have to research more. You can start by looking in the area of your new job. If it’s located on the north side of town, start your search there for neighborhoods that fit your list. And, compile information by using the internet and local real estate professional.
Originally posted on Active Rain: http://activerain.com/blogsview/249