Qualifying Tulsa, OK residents will receive sales tax rebates over the next two years. The rebates will come from the sales tax charged in 2008 in the “Fix Our Streets” program. If you’re eligible, you can apply for your rebate by submitting an application to the City of Tulsa, OK.
Tulsa residents will have to submit an application for each year that they are eligible. If you are applying for the 2012 rebate, you will need to have your application in before the deadline of April 15, 2013. The “Fix Our Streets Sales Tax Rebate” is in its third year of rebating. Last year, over 12,000 Tulsa residents got their rebate after submitting the application.
Do you qualify for the rebate? See the requirements below:
* Age – you will qualify if you where 65 years or older during 2012.
* Income – you will qualify if you got the Oklahoma Sales Tax Refund or the Oklahoma Earned Income Tax Credit.
Other requirements include:
* Residence – you must have been a resident of Tulsa, OK within the city limits in 2011 or one year prior to submitting an application.
* Financial contributions – you must have contributed the most income in your family to qualify.
* Limits – rebates are limited to one rebate per household.
The city recommends that if you are 65 years or older, use your age for qualifying before income. This will help the processing go faster.
You can get an application on the City of Tulsa website: www.cityoftulsa.org/our-city/sales-tax-rebate-form.aspx or by going to City Hall at 175 E 2nd St. Tulsa, OK.