Tulsa, Oklahoma’s Architecture & Design Film Festival
Come out to the Architecture & Design Film Festival held in Tulsa! Over the course of the weekend, 20 films will be played which will focus on the best architecture and design all over the world. This festival travels to different cities and in the past, has been held in New York and Los Angeles. 2017 Tulsa is proud to be the town for this festival before it heads to South Korea and New Orleans.
When: April 20th-April 23rd
Where: Circle Cinema, 10 S. Lewis Ave.
- $9.50 general admission to films and discussions
- $7.50 admission for members of Tulsa Foundation for Architecture, Circle Cinemas, students, and seniors
- $35 for Thursday’s opening night film and reception
Opening night Thursday night is a screening to benefit the Tulsa Foundation for Architecture. This will be held at the Circle Cinema. Stay after the films for fun after-show events that include Q & A sessions with Authors and Directors. Local architects will be present, too. If you are interested in the beauty, facts, and learning more about Architecture and Design, this is a great event for you! For more detailed information, visit the website here.
Series of Events:
- Thursday: 5:30pm reception and screening of “Strange & Familiar: Architecture on Fogo Island.” Q & A after the showing with Katherine Knight, filmmaker.
- 5:45pm screening of “Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall: Five Seasons with Piet Oudolf.” Q & A following the show with Tom Piper, filmmaker.
- 6:00pm “Getting Frank Gehry”
- 8:00pm “Windshield: A Vanished Vision” and “Oyler House: Richard Neutra’s Desert Retreat.” Q & A following with Mike Dorsey, director.
- 8:15pm “The Happy Film”
- 12:30pm “Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall: Five Seasons with Piet Oudolf.”
- 12:45pm “Citizen of the Planet” and “Futuro: A New Stance for Tomorrow.”
- 2:45pm “Pedro E. Guerrero: A Photographer’s Journey”
- 3:00pm “Gray Matters”
- 5:30pm “Where Architects Live”
- 5:45pm “If You Build It”
- 7:30pm “The Infinite Happiness”
- 7:45pm “Eero Saarinen: The Architect Who Saw the Future”
- 1:30pm “Windshield: A Vanished Vision” and “The oyler House: Richard Neutra’s Desert Retreat”
- 1:45pm “The Nature of Modernism: E. Stewart Williams, Architect”
- 3:45pm “Where Architects Live” and “The Guard”
- 4:00pm “Yarn”
- 6:00pm “The Infinite Happiness”
- 6:15 “The Happy Film”
This Tulsa, Oklahoma’s Architecture & Design Film Festival information is brought to you by: Tom and Bev Herring, buying and selling Tulsa Real Estate, Broken Arrow Real Estate, Jenks Real Estate, Bixby Real Estate and Owasso Real Estate as well as Keystone Lake Real Estate, Berryhill and Sand Springs Real Estate.