Sure, our children have only been in school for a few weeks. But it’s never too soon to start thinking about college. College application deadlines are fast approaching. First step: acceptance. After acceptance comes payment. Do you plan on using financial aid to fund your child’s secondary education? Then you may want to attend one of the free Tulsa student financial aid workshops taking place right now.
Free Tulsa Student Financial Aid Workshops
Any student looking to utilize financial aid to help pay for their college education needs to fill out a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). You cannot receive any financial aid without it. First, this helps determine your eligibility for state as well as federal aid. Secondly, most colleges use this information to determine your eligibility for their aid programs, too.
Great! More paperwork. Don’t worry. That’s where the free Tulsa student financial aid workshops come in handy. At these workshops, parents and students both receive valuable information to assist them in the application process, including how to fill it out. FASFA filing opened on October 1st. You want to get your application in as soon as possible. In Oklahoma, state money will be awarded on a first come/first served basis until funds are depleted. The federal deadline is June 30th, 2018. Colleges have their own deadlines. So, make sure you check with them directly.
Schedule for Free Tulsa Student Financial Aid Workshops
- Booker T Washington (1514 E Zion St) – Oct 5th, 7 pm to 8:30 pm & Oct 6th, 9 am to 10:30 am
- Memorial High (5840 S Hudson Ave) – Oct 9th, 8:35 am to 9:45 am & Oct 10th, 5:45 pm to 7 pm
- Edison Prep (2906 E 41 St) – Oct 12th, 6:30 pm
- Hale High (6960 E 21st) – Oct 17th, 4 pm to 7 pm
- Webster High (1919 W 40 St) – Oct 24th, 5 pm to 7 pm
- Will Rogers High (3909 E 5th Pl) – Oct 26th, 6 pm to 7:30 pm
- Central High (3101 W Edison St) – Nov 2nd, 5:30 pm to 8 pm
- East Central High (12150 E 11th St) – Nov 7th, 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm
- Street School (1135 S Yale Ave) – Nov 16th, 11:30 am to 1:30 pm
We all want our children to have the best education possible. Sometimes, that means we’ll need financial assistance to get it done. Attend one of the free Tulsa student financial aid workshops going on between now and mid-November to receive help filling out your application.